Kayla is an associate in the Family Law Practice Group.
She holds a Juris Doctor and a Bachelor of Arts (with Distinction) in Criminology from the University of Western Ontario. While attending law school, Kayla was a Caseworker at Community Legal Services, an active member of the Community Outreach Committee, and a musical performer at Western Law’s annual charity concert. Prior to beginning her legal career, Kayla worked at Western and McMaster Universities as a Researcher in the areas of law, family-focused public health services, and the prevention of intimate partner violence.
Kayla summered and articled at SV Law and is excited to continue living and working in her hometown of Guelph, Ontario. As a Board Director of the Guelph Wish Fund for Children, Chair of the Wish Fund’s Auction Committee, and Co-Chair of the United Way GenNext Committee, Kayla enjoys being active in the Guelph community.
When outside of the office, Kayla enjoys traveling, hiking, photography, playing music and spending time with her friends and family.
- Western University Gold Medal Award, 2013
- In-Course Scholarship, Western University, 2011
- Dean’s Honour List, 2010-2013
- Member of the Law Society of Ontario
- Wellington Law Association
- Co-Chair of United Way GenNext
- Chair of the Guelph Wish Fund Auction CommitteeAuction Committee
- Guelph Wish Fund for Children, Board Member
- Ontario Superior Court of justice
- Ontario Court of Justice
Good Intentions, Questionable Results: The Shortcomings of Mandated Reporting for Child Maltreatment, Western Journal of Legal Studies, February 2019.