Condominium development is a complex area of law. However, for a condominium developer, his or her goals are simple, to bring a condominium successfully to sales. At SV Law, our veteran team of condominium lawyers and law clerks represent some of the most experienced legal professionals in Ontario. Driven to surpass the client’s goals, our team works hard to bring certainty to a very unpredictable process. Condominium development is notably also a team effort. Our firm has cultivated a generation of strong linkages with some of Ontario’s leading allied service providers, including: property managers, surveyors, engineers, urban planners and architects. Together, you can expect the SV Law advantage on your condominium development. To highlight, our services include:
- Converting property into the mandatory, ‘land titles absolute’ with the Land Registry Office;
- Preparing a complete Disclosure Statement package for your sales, including an Agreement of Purchase and Sale;
- Preparing your draft Declaration, By-laws and Rules;
- Working collaboratively with the entire development team to review and complete municipal conditions for registration;
- Preparation and registration of required easements for telecommunications, servicing and/or storm water/sewer;
- Reviewing and commenting on companion work products prepared by development team (i.e. draft Plan of Condominium, municipal conditions, description (survey), proposed management agreement and/or 1st-year budget);
- Liasing with approval authority(ies) to ensure legal conditions for condominium development are achieved;
- Preparing your condominium documents for pre-approval with the appropriate Land Registry Office;
- Successfully bringing your condominium project to registration;
- Offering guidance and assistance with post-registration governance requirements;
- Conducting sales; and,
- Coordinating in the turn-over of the condominium.
Our team has extensive experience with standard, common element, vacant land, phasing and leasehold condominiums. We are very active in Wellington County and Guelph, the Region of Waterloo (including Cambridge, Kitchener and Waterloo), the Region of Halton, the Region of Peel (including Mississauga and Brampton) Hamilton-Wentworth, Brant County and Brantford, Dufferin County and Orangeville, Bruce & Grey Counties and the entire Niagara Peninsula (including Grimsby, St. Catharines, Niagara Falls and Fort Erie.)
To serve our clients, our team has spent years exhaustively breaking down the entire condominium process into predictable steps. In 2020, our team produced the SV Condominium Development Flow Sheet, itemizing each step of the condominium process. This now widely circulated guide ensures everyone, especially the client, understands the process, upfront. In addition, it allows for easy tracking, accountability updates and coordination of efforts.