Eva Lane is a lawyer in SV Law’s Elora office, with a practice in employment law and civil litigation, and Chair of the Employment Law Practice Group. Prior to joining SV Law in 2020, Eva practiced with a local firm in Waterloo Region for several years and then at a large national firm. Eva has extensive experience in civil litigation and employment law. As an employment lawyer, Eva primarily advises employers on a broad range of employment and human rights matters, including employment contracts, terminations, wrongful dismissal claims, policies, accommodation, human rights claims and compliance, and other issues. Her litigation practice includes a wide variety of commercial disputes and condominium litigation.
While in law school, Eva was actively involved with the University of Ottawa Law Review. In her third year of law school she was a Senior Editor and a member of the Law Review’s Editorial Board.
Eva has lived all over Ontario, but currently resides in Fergus with her husband, two kids and two eccentric cats. She is enjoying getting to know her new home, and looks forward to becoming more involved in the community.
Outside of work, Eva enjoys hiking with her family, backcountry camping, reading and gardening. She plays soccer all year long and spends her winter evenings curling.
- Member, Canadian Bar Association and Ontario Bar Association
- Member, Advocates’ Society
- Member, Wellington Law Association
- Member of the Law Society of Ontario
- Director, Elora Centre for the Arts
- Director, Human Resources Professionals Association – Guelph & District
- United Way Cambridge & North Dumfries,Campaign Cabinet, 2016-2018
- Ontario Superior Court of Justice
- Ontario Divisional Court
- Ontario Human Rights Tribunal
- Ontario Labour Relations Board