Randy practices in the areas of family law, family mediation, wills & estates, and residential real estate. He is also a member of the executive committee for the firm.
Randy has extensive experience in family law, including complex property disputes, custody, child support, spousal support, and property division. Randy’s goal in family law Is to take all reasonable steps to allow former partners to move ahead with their independent lives. He believes mediation is an excellent way to reach a resolution; however, he also has extensive experience in the courts, conducting trials in the Superior Court of Justice and appearing in the Ontario Court of Appeal.
With respect to wills and estates, Randy has drafted numerous Wills and Powers of Attorney, and has experience dealing with property, guardianship, trusts including Henson Trusts and estate administration.
In addition to single-family homes and rural properties, Randy has also handled numerous real estate transactions involving cottages and condominiums.
Randy enjoys giving back to the community and getting involved in local events and organizations. He was formerly the Chair of the Board of Chalmers Community Services Centre (CCSC), which operates food banks in downtown Guelph and in the west end of Guelph. Randy is also the former Director of the Guelph General Hospital Foundation as well as the former Chair of Council at Dublin Street United Church and is currently Chair of Property.
Randy was formerly very active in the Rotary Club of Guelph Wellington, including terms as Director and President. In May 2011, he was awarded a Paul Harris Fellowship Award for his contributions to the club and the community.
In his spare time Randy enjoys travelling, gourmet cooking, skiing, curling, and golfing (badly).
- Paul Harris Fellowship, 2011
- Canadian Bar Association
- Wellington Law Association, Former Director
- Wellington Law Association, Former President
- Wellington Law Association, Member
- Certificate in Advanced Alternative Dispute Resolution from the Faculty of Law, University of Windsor
- Member of the Law Society of Ontario
- Chalmers Community Services Centre (CCSC), Former Chair
- Dublin Street United Church, Former Chair of Council
- Guelph General Hospital Foundation, Former Director
- Rotary Club of Guelph Wellington, Former Director
- Rotary Club of Guelph Wellington, Former President
- Former Coach of daughters’ soccer and softball teams
- Ontario Court of Appeal
- Ontario Court of Justice
- Ontario Superior Court of Justice