SV Law has the experience and resources to ensure that your unpaid accounts are recovered in a timely and cost efficient manner. We represent private, commercial and government creditors throughout Ontario.
We have acted as agent for the Attorney General of Canada in the collection of unpaid student loans for over 10 years. From managing bankruptcy and insolvency proceedings to negotiating arrangements for creditors, our lawyers are skilled at resolving a variety of financial issues involving unpaid debt. Once judgment is secured we are experienced in enforcing judgments by way of writs, garnishments and judgment debtor examinations.
We understand that the legal expenses associated with debt collection are an important factor when deciding whether to continue pursuing payment from a debtor. At SV Law we aim to provide cost-effective legal strategies tailored to every client by ensuring proportionality in legal costs and cost certainty.
Main Focus of our Work:
- Suing students for unpaid student loans
- Draft and serve statements of claim
- Negotiating payment plans with debtors
- Enforcing judgments against defendants (ex. Garnishments and writs)
- Powers of sale
- Bankruptcy proceedings and consumer proposals
- Superior court actions and small claims court actions
- Help serve and trace people on your behalf