Jen is a member of SV Law’s Municipal Law Practice Group, with a focused solicitor’s practice in which she assists our clients with general municipal matters and contract negotiations. Her practice and experience includes: bylaw and policy drafting and interpretation; commercial leasing matters; debenture financing; service financing; land acquisition and disposition, and; general legal advice on municipal governance and procedures.
Jen obtained a Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Human Kinetics from the University of Guelph, graduating with distinction, and holds a Juris Doctor from Western University. Jen worked as a research assistant during both her undergraduate and law degrees. Additionally, during law school Jen worked as a teaching assistant, co-chaired the Health Law Association, and was an editor for the school’s Journal of Legal Studies. Prior to being called to the bar, Jen completed her articles at SV Law. Jen is a game enthusiast and grew up in Caledonia on her family’s farm which she enjoys visiting as often as possible.
- Brown & Partners LLP Scholarship in Insurance Law, 2019
- Brant County Federation of Agriculture Scholarship, 2018
- Western Law Entrance Scholarship, 2016
- Canadian Scholarship Trust Foundation Graduate Award, 2016
- John T. Powell Scholarship, 2015
- Dean’s Honour List, 2013-2015
- University of Guelph Entrance Scholarship, 2011
- Member of the Law Society of Ontario
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Centre Wellington, Board Member – 2021-present