Diane regularly advises privately held corporations and their boards of directors and shareholders as well as family held businesses. She has significant experience acting for businesses active in manufacturing, automotive related industries, and farming and agricultural businesses, and the related land and real property uses associated with such businesses.
Her areas of expertise include acting for businesses on various legal matters, mergers, acquisitions and sales, and banking transactions. As part of her solicitor’s practice, she also does Estate Planning including Trusts, Wills, and Powers of Attorney, and the administration of Estates for both her business clients and private individuals. Lastly, she has a large and active personal Real Estate practice, which includes both residential and commercial purchase and sales, mortgages, severances and development.
Diane holds a Bachelor of Arts degree from Trent University and a Bachelor of Laws degree from Queen’s University. She was called to the bar in 1988, has been practicing law since 1988, and has been a partner of SV Law since 1995. She was the first female partner of SV Law and now enjoys observing others following on the same career path.
Diane is married and now has three grown daughters. Personally, she likes to stay active in athletics, particularly golf, tennis, and enjoys women’s hockey and equestrian riding. She is also active in the Guelph and area community.
- Farm and Food Care Foundation, Past Board of Directors
- Guelph Community Foundation, Past Board of Directors and Past Chair
- Guelph Turfgrass Institute, Past Board of Directors
- Guelph Business Enterprise Centre, Past Board of Directors
- Guelph Chamber of Commerce, Past Board of Directors
- Guelph General Hospital Foundation, Past Board of Directors
- Guelph Girls Hockey Association, Past Board Member
- Rotary Club of Guelph Trillium,Past Board Member
- Trent University Alumni Association
- Zonta Club of Guelph, Past Board of Directors
- LSO, participant in Justica Summit 2010 – 2013
- Canadian Federation of University Women - Guelph Chapter, Former President, 2000
- Grand River Agricultural Society, Board of Directors
- Member of the Law Society of Ontario