Trent Johnson is an experienced litigation lawyer that assists clients in identifying sound and practical business solutions to complex disputes. Trent regularly appears before the Superior Court of Justice, the Divisional Court, and the Ontario Court of Appeal. Trent also has extensive experience before numerous tribunals, including the Ontario Land Tribunal, the Normal Farm Practices Protection Board, and the Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs Appeal Tribunal.
Trent provides sound advice and counsel in a number of areas:
Estate litigation: acting for estates, executors, and beneficiaries in cases involving will challenges, guardianship applications, dependants’ relief, and passing of accounts.
Municipal law: acting for municipalities, developers, and individuals at Ontario Land Tribunal hearings dealing with planning, zoning, heritage, and environmental appeals. In addition, court applications dealing with the Municipal Conflict of Interest Act, right of ways, easements and adverse possession.
Construction law: acting for owners, general contractors, and subcontractors from contract development to dispute resolution for matters ranging from home renovations to large-scale commercial developments.
Outside the practice of law, Trent is involved with numerous community organizations including the Rotary Club of Guelph Trillium.
Trent was recognized by the Guelph Mercury as one of the city’s “Top 40 Under 40.” This award highlights residents under the age of 40 who have excelled in their careers and demonstrated a commitment to community leadership. Trent has also been professionally recognized in 2021-2022, The Best Lawyers in Canada – Corporate and Commercial Litigation, 2021-2022 and 2020-2021 in Benchmark Canada, Future Star: Dispute Resolution.
- Member, Law Society of Ontario
- Member, Ontario Bar Association
- Member, Wellington County Law Association
- Member, Guelph and Cambridge Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Ontario Agri Business Association
- Member, Rotary Club of Guelph Trillium
- Member, Guelph and District Home Builders’ Association
- Past President, Board of Directors, Wellington County Law Association
- Past Board of Directors, Secretary, Habitat for Humanity Wellington Dufferin Guelph
- Past Board of Directors, Guelph and District Homebuilders’ Association
- Past Board of Directors, Rotary Club of Guelph Trillium